Our policy guides staff and volunteers on how to behave with kids in our organisation. The policy focuses on how we can promote kids’ participation in our organisation and make it safer for them.
Support kids’ participation
FunSing supports the active participation of kids in our organisation. We listen to kids’ views, respect what they say and involve them when we make decisions, especially about matters that will directly affect them.
Support staff, volunteers and students
- We promote respect, fairness and consideration for all staff and volunteers.
- All assistant staff and volunteers have a more senior officer assigned to support and supervise their work.
- All new staff and volunteers will receive a copy of the Child-safe Child-friendly policy, Code of Conduct and Dealing with Complaints process.
- FunSing will maintain a rigorous and consistent recruitment, screening and selection process.
- Interviews, reference checks and Working with Children Checks to be used.
Dealing with Complaints
Kids or workers will be given full opportunity to raise concerns or complaints with staff. Staff must report any issue directly to the FunSing Director for immediate investigation. Parent/s of any child involved in a concern or complaint will be contacted.
The FunSing Director is the appointed Child Safety Contact Person and will ensure full and proper management of all complaints.
- The FunSing policy is available openly available on the FunSing website (funsing.com.au).
- Our policy will be discussed during induction sessions for all new staff and volunteers.
- Information sessions will be held with staff prior to each FunSing workshop.
The policy is to be reviewed every 2 years and will incorporate comments and suggestions from children and young people, parents, staff and volunteers. The next review will be conducted in October 2022.